Sunday, November 3, 2013

Liberal Language


I stepped into the elevator with a nice looking older lady. She was dressed nicely, and I remarked, "You look very nice. Where have you been?"

"I'm coming back from a celebration of life," she said.

"What's that?" I asked.

Eventually, I discovered that it was the liberal, new speak, politically-correct term for a memorial service, or the even older term, a funeral.

So, I knew she was a liberal. Liberals do that. They always want to be seen as "progressive." That means moving away from anything that was traditional, time-honored, cherished, a part of what they consider conservative or old. That's why they don't like The Constitution of the United States. It's an old document.

They even do it to their own ideas. Remember global warming? They kept that only a few years. Now it's climate change. Remember the terms nigger, negro, blacks, coloreds, people of color, African-Americans? Not to worry; there will be a new, more progressive, term along any time now. Obamaists?

No comments: